Expert consultations for Australia’s new National Suicide Prevention Strategy – Participant Home Page
This page provides information, resources and guidance for participants invited to contribute to the expert consultations for Australia’s new National Suicide Prevention Strategy.
See “quick start” guide for accessing the Loomio Discussion Forum
Link to Loomio Discussion Forum
After creating your account using the invitation sent on Friday April 21, you can access the discussion forum via the link below:
Discussion Forum Code of Conduct
To ensure that this forum is a positive online environment, a code of conduct for the benefit of all users has been established:
- Be polite, open and respectful of other points of view. Any abusive, offensive or inflammatory comments which personally attack any individual will not be tolerated and will be removed.
- Use respectful language.
- Please stay on topic at all times. Please do not intentionally derail discussions.
- Please do not post any personal information about yourself or others.
- Please respect the confidentiality of other participants.
Get in touch for support
For any technical questions about the process or Loomio discussion forum, contact Ari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other questions, contact Dianne at email@example.com
We are able to respond rapidly during business hours, AEST.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the process?
We are using an online version of the well-known Delphi process. This will proceed in three stages:
Phase 1: Participants will independently provide their views on the most important features of the five focus areas and four enablers which have been identified based on the Final Advice of the National Suicide Prevention Adviser, and submit these on a survey form. The University of Melbourne Team will sort these into affinity groups (sets of statements making essentially the same point). The team will then draft 'synthesis statements' which seek to express the common meaning of the affinity group.
Phase 2: The 'synthesis statements' will be posted as topics on an online forum. Participants will be able to discuss each statement, or get in touch with the team to propose a new statement if they think something crucial is missing.
Phase 3: In a second survey, participants will indicate their level of agreement with the (revised) 'synthesis statements'
- What is the time/effort commitment?
We understand that participants will vary widely in their ability to contribute. There will be two surveys (one at the start of the first phase, and another in the third phase) which can each be completed in approximately 30 minutes. Your participation on the Loomio online forum can be as minimal or extensive as you choose.
- Should I participate anonymously?
Yes, all participation must be anonymous. A pseudonym must be used for the Loomio online discussion forum.
- Who do I contact about technical problems with Loomio?
Contact Ari at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be able to respond promptly during business hours AEST.
- What do I do if I feel the discussion on Loomio is not respectful?
Contact Dianne at email@example.com and she will follow-up your concerns.
- How do I change my display name?
1.Click the three horizontal lines at the top left of the page to open the sidebar menu
2. Open the drop down menu where you see your name and email.
3. Click ‘edit profile’
4. Then you can change your name and username to a pseudonym and click ‘update profile’