Our Research Focus
The Hunt Lab works on research and development collaborations with the Australian Intelligence Community, other government organisations and the private sector.
The Hunt Lab is currently engaged in research in the following areas:
- Strategies for improving analytic thinking and communication
- Evaluation of analytic quality
- Narrative abduction and structured analytic techniques
- Managing Disinformation
- Expert elicitation and ‘group sourcing’
- Methods and tools for enhancing collaboration
- Futures thinking and risk analysis
- Crowdsourcing intelligence
- Augmenting human analysis with Artificial Intelligence
To find out more about research conducted as part of these projects, see the relevant project page.
Our Research Projects
Click on the projects below to learn more.
- Improving Analytic Rigour in Intelligence and Virtual Forum on Analytic Rigour
- Evaluating Reasoning in Intelligence Analysis: Training & Study
- Advanced Analytic Rigour Training
- Impact of Evidence on Decision Making at New Zealand’s Ministry for Primary Industries
- Crowdsourcing Linchpin Variables for Future Robustness
- Go8: Roadmap to Recovery
- Argument Mining for Intelligence Analysis