This page provides information, resources and guidance for participants in the Better Access Consultative Forum.
View the introductory webinar below:
See “quick start” guide for accessing the Loomio Discussion Forum
Link to Loomio Discussion Forum
After creating your account using the link sent on Monday 19 September, you can access the discussion forum via the link below:
Discussion Forum Code of Conduct
To ensure that this forum is a positive online environment, a code of conduct for the benefit of all users has been established:
- Be polite, open and respectful of other points of view. Any abusive, offensive or inflammatory comments which personally attack any individual will not be tolerated and will be removed.
- Use respectful language.
- Please stay on topic at all times. Please do not intentionally derail discussions.
- Please do not post any personal information about yourself or others.
- Please respect the confidentiality of other participants.
Get in touch for support
For any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to respond rapidly during business hours, AEST.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the process?
We are using an online version of the well-known Delphi process. This will proceed in three stages:
Phase 1: Participants will independently provide their views on the most important features of Better Access going forward, and submit these on a survey form. The Evaluation Team will sort these into affinity groups (sets of statements making essentially the same point). The team will then draft 'synthesis statements' which seek to express the common meaning of the affinity group.
Phase 2: The 'synthesis statements' will be posted as topics on an online forum. Participants will be able to discuss each statement, or get in touch with the team to propose a new statement if they think something crucial is missing.
Phase 3: In a second survey, participants will indicate their level of agreement with the (revised) 'synthesis statements'
- What is the time/effort commitment?
We understand that participants will vary widely in their ability to contribute. There will be two surveys (one at the start of the first phase, and another in the third phase) which can each be completed in approximately 15 minutes. Your participation on the Loomio online forum can be as minimal or extensive as you choose.
- Should I participate anonymously?
Yes, all participation must be anonymous. A pseudonym must be used for the Loomio online discussion forum.
- Who do I contact about technical problems with Loomio?
Contact the evaluation team on email@example.com. The inbox will be monitored and we will be able to respond promptly during business hours AEST.
- What if I don't agree with the majority view?
We realise that people do have differing opinions and experiences of Better Access and we are committed to including dissenting views in the report. It is important that you express your view in the discussion.
Dissenting views will be noted when we synthesise the Loomio Discussion and participants will also rank their level of agreement or otherwise with the final set of statements in the Phase 3 survey. The final report will include both sources of information.
- What do I do if I feel the discussion on Loomio is not respectful?
Contact the evaluation team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow-up your concerns.
- How do I change my display name?
1.Click the three horizontal lines at the top left of the page to open the sidebar menu
2. Open the drop down menu where you see your name and email.
3. Click ‘edit profile’
4. Then you can change your name to a pseudonym and click ‘update profile’